Tuesday, September 6, 2011

High Surf Advisory

So I have always wanted to live in a place that would have a high surf advisory! However, I always thought that would mean I was living in Florida or California or even Hawaii! Nope, right now we are in a High Surf Advisory with winds up to 43 mile/hour with 39 degree temperature that really feels like 27 degrees. Needless to say walking a mile to school in that was a workout! Ty and I were literally playing bumper cars with each other!

I have video on my ipad of the ocean yesterday and you can really see the waves! But of course I am not sure how to get those on my computer! I will have to post them all later.

Last week was a really good week for me. About mid week I gained five new students and lost one. We had Saturday school so it was a long week! Sunday we spent lesson planning for this week and Ty made me promise that we didn't have to come in yesterday. So Monday we took completely off! I almost didn't shower! We are trying to get together a Span Alaska meat order this week so we will soon have real meat to eat. Ty also got sick yesterday with a head cold, I think it is because he had been losing weight like crazy! That big guy needs some real meat in him!

Anyways, this week we start teaching curriculum I am happy for that. I hope my little ones show up to school today despite the horrible wind. We also have a school board meeting at our school today so it will be nice to see the members that work at the DO. We also have our Alaskan Teacher Mentors coming to support us at the end of the week -wind depending. Let's see I think that is all for now. I have a request to check out the prices at the stores so I think I will try to head that way later this week. If you want to know anything else just ask!! Thank you for following our adventure!! I'll post pictures and hopefully a movie as soon as I can!

Mom thanks for the nice email this morning, totally made me cry...

Homesickness is starting to sink in especially with my birthday right around the corner....

LOVE YOU ALL!!

The view outside our door!

The view outside our door!

The view outside our door!


No comments:

Post a Comment