Monday, August 22, 2011

Update from Savoonga!

I am sorry first of all for not having any pictures! This week we are in Savoonga, which is the other village on St. Lawrence Island. We are here for an in service on the School Improvement Grant (SIG) that we received last year. Anyways, our schedule looked so busy that both Ty and I didn't bring our computers, therefore I have no pictures for you.

Right now in Savoonga the wind is blowing so hard that it is shaking the School!! It has also been really cold and rainy all day today so we have been cooped up inside. But in addition to all of this extra training and work that we have to do for the grant we also get ipads on Friday!! They are for educational purposes but also some personal. :)

Oh, Sorry Family, except Morgan, that you have to read this on the blog but I keep forgetting to tell you on the phone, I will be coaching the Varsity Girls Basketball team this year!!! I am so excited and ready for the challenge! Ty will be co-coaching the Biathlon team with Derek!

As of right now I am LOVING my staff! We are having so much fun with returners and newbies included! I think that it is so great that I get to be on staff with such inspiring educators that I wish were my teachers and Principal! For example, I would love having Mr. Gries (Derek) for my first grade teacher, just looking at him tells me I would have so much fun! I would totally be Mrs. Breske's teacher's pet in second grade; Melinda is a fabulous women and I loving knowing she is right next door as a great resource! I, of course, would have a huge crush on the fifth grade teacher, Mr. Galetka! I would be scared to death of the 4th grade teacher!! I would laugh my bum off at how nerdy Mr. and Mrs. Weirauch are! Finally I would totally love to have John Brady and Gerald share their wisdom with me during Social Studies and Math! I love my Gambell staff and new Family!

Well I am exhausted and it's only Monday! Good night!


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you two. You sound like you are having an amazing time!love you so much and miss you

    ReplyDelete